The purpose of the Counseling Department is to assist students with their educational, vocational, social, and personal development. Students may schedule an appointment with either of the school counselors by speaking with the Counseling Secretary, Mrs. Lisa Voorde.
Counselors may assist students in:
- planning courses and academic programs
- making realistic curriculum selections and appropriate future planning
- testing and evaluation of academic, intellectual, and career potential aptitude
- improving study skills, learning techniques, and adjustment to change
- referrals to sources of professional assistance for substance abuse, emotional difficulties, family dysfunction, social and health services, etc.
- facilitation of communication between and among the students, the school, and the home.